Through the media, we are all aware that every single one of us has accountability for the environment and the legacy of our actions or lack thereof. MADEIRA’s beautiful, exclusive threads harmonise
style, quality and colour with all environmental and ethical needs. Almost 100 years of experience in producing the widest range of consistently high quality, fashionable embroidery threads means that MADEIRA threads are the choice of leading brands worldwide. These are applied onto a wide variety of items from shoes to hats, toys to towels and across diverse industries from fashion and sportswear to the automotive industry – critical from the outset is the selection of only the best raw materials.
REACH = Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Chemical Restriction. Even prior to REACH, MADEIRA
subscribed to the philosophy of only using substances that were neither hazardous nor dangerous to people or the precious eco-system. No APO/APE softeners (Alkyl Phenol Oethoxylates/Ethoxylates), which are found in some threads, are used to finish MADEIRA's threads. This means that, following supplier's recommendations, MADEIRA's dyestuffs are non-toxic to workers, the environment and the end user – before, during and after production. Created with sensitive production processes in the heart
of the naturally environmentally conscious Black Forest, MADEIRA’s EnviroSystem applies long term commitment to the global impact of environmental issues, second to none.
• Made in the European 'green' city of Freiburg, Germany
• ISO 9001-2008 production processes
• Raw materials only from accredited sources
• Biodegradable Classic Viscose Rayon from sustainable sources
• Dyestuffs & chemicals only from registered REACH suppliers
• Acquazero (by Noseda) patented processes for dyeing, reducing water usage by 60%
• Recycled water used in production
• Energy recycling and conservation
• Reduced carbon emissions
• Continual investment in technology to reduce use of natural resources
• Clean water output – rigorously enforced, conforming to regulations for Freiburg, Germany
• Strict codes of conduct towards employees
• Strong ethical policies
• World-class OEKO-Tex Certification for products
• Highest quality in colour fastness & tenacity – long lasting embroideries
• Reduced embroidery time due to smooth running of threads – saving energy in production
• No APOs used in finishing – nothing to contaminate water courses when completed embroideries are washed
• Recognised standards meeting those required by NIKE, PUMA, New Balance, Marks & Spencer, etc
How does the word 'fake' sound to you? There are a multitude of fakes and a multi-million-dollar, if not multi-billion, industry in fake branded textile goods, with over £50 million's worth of fake football shirts sold in the UK alone.
'Unofficial', i.e. fake, football shirts can contain a huge range of hidden dangers for the buyer, wearer and a death sentence for the maker, according to an article written by John Gibbon of director-e Corporate Clothing. Interviewing Asif Shah of Shirley Technologies, a leading UK testing house, John reported that genuine shirts are tested for PH value to see how much of an irritant the material can be and whether it contains harmful allergenic or even carcinogenic dyes.
In contrast, factory workers in illegal sweatshops are often exposed to deadly chemical cocktails each and every day as poor quality, dangerous substances and processes are used. A cut price or illegal shirt thus not only takes money from the genuine licensee, but also people's health and even lives are put at risk.
This is why MADEIRA has guarantees in place to ensure EACH AND EVERY ONE of its products has always, and will always, be absolutely safe for use on each and every item, from factory to finished product - even for baby garments, and why you should look to MADEIRA, awarded the highest level CLASS I OEKO-TEX Certification and more, to play your part in conscientious resource management.
This is why Madeira has guarantees in place to ensure EACH AND EVERY ONE of its products has always, and will always, be absolutely safe for use on each and every item, from factory to finished product - even for baby garments. This is why you should chose Madeira, awarded with the highest level CLASS I OEKO-TEX Certification and more, to play your part in conscientious resource management.
Here you will find our worldwide locations and subsidiaries.store locator
MADEIRA offers a wide range of services, which considerably simplify the daily work on embroidery.Service
Extension of the existing embroidery stabilisers program.In total there are 5 new stabilisers now available: 55g Weblon Plus, cut-away backing as a...Aktuelles